2022 FIFA WORLD CUP
PREVIEW: SAUDI ARABIA VS MEXICO
• The 1994 Round of 16, Saudi Arabia host the 2002 Quarter-finals, Senegal in the Group A Round 3 fixture in the 2022 FIFA World Cup Tournament at the Khalifa International Stadium in Doha on Wednesday, 30th November, 2022 in Qatar.
By: Isaac Amponsah (Dr Ike) and Bright Yebiah Taylor (byt)
Predictions: Away win/draw
• The 2022 FIFA World Cup is the 22nd edition since the competition started in 1930 is the 6th appearance for Saudi Arabia while it is the 3rd appearance for Senegal.
• The Group C final showdown on Wednesday, 30th November, 2022 will be Saudi Arabia and Mexico First ever meeting at the FIFA World Cup.
Total matches played - 0
Saudi Arabia wins - 0
Goals scored - 0
Mexico wins - 0
Goals scored - 0
Drawn games - 0
• MATCH FACTS:
• The Green Falcons of Saudi Arabia are ranked 51st on 6th October, 2022, their first International game was 18th January, 1957 (Lebanon 1-1 Saudi Arabia) [Beirut, Lebanon].
• The Tricolor of Mexico are currently ranked 13th by FIFA latest rankings on 6th October, 2022, their first International game was 1st January, 1923 (Guatemala 2-3 Mexico).
• Saudi Arabia most cap player is Mohamed Al-Deayea with 178 games with no goal.
• Mexico most caps player is Andres Guardado with 179 games with 28 goals.
• Saudi Arabia top scorer for their National team is Majed Abdullah with 72 goals in 116 caps.
• Mexico top scorer for the National team is Javier Hernandez with 52 goals in 109 caps.
• This fixture is Saudi Arabia's 19th game at the FIFA World Cup, with all nineteen (19) coming against different opponents. It's the most any Nation has played in the competition without ever playing the same side more than once.
• Saudi Arabia are looking to qualify for the the knock-out stages of the FIFA World Cup for only a second time, and first since their first ever participation in the 1994 edition, when they were eventually eliminated from the second Round by Sweden.
• Saudi Arabia have only kept one clean sheet in their eighteen (18) games at the FIFA World Cup, conceding fourty-two (42) goals at the competition (2.3 per game). Indeed, among teams with at least ten (10) games played, they have the lowest clean sheet ratio in the competition's history (6%).
• Having scored two (2) goals from just three (3) shots against Argentina on MD1, Saudi Arabia drew a blank despite firing in sixteen (16) attempts on goal against Poland last time out. Only against Cameroon in the 2002 edition (17) have Saudi Arabia ever had as many as or more shots in a FIFA World Cup game without scoring.
• Mexico have never lost againt Saudi Arabia in all competitions (W4 D1), in all their previous five (5) meetings between the two sides coming between 1995 and 1999.
• Mexico are winless in their last four (4) FIFA World Cup games (D1 L3), while only once in their history have they been on a longer such run at the competition, failing to win their first thirteen (13) games between 1930 and 1962 (D1 L12).
• Mexico have failed to score in each of their last four (4) FIFA World Cup games, since Chicharito netted against Korea Republic in 2018, despite having 49 shots on goal across those four (4) matches (just nine on target).
• Each of the last twelve (12) goals Mexico have conceded at the FIFA World Cup have come in the second half, with six (6) of those being conceded in the final 10 minutes.
• Across Mexico's first two (2) FIFA World Cup games in the 2022, no player has had more than one shot on target so far [five (5) in total, Sanchez, Lozano, Martin, Antuna and Vega], while five (5) shots on target is their lowest tally after two (2) games at the FIFA World Cup since 1966 (4).
• Saudi Arabia are 3rd with 3 points after MD2 games while Mexico on the other hand are 4th with 1 point on Group C of the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
LEAVE A COMMENT