BY ISAAC AMPONSAH (DR IKE) AND BRIGHT YEBOAH TAYLOR (BYT)
Win for AshantiGold
Correct score: AshantiGold 2-0 RS Berkane
* Ghanaian Clubs vs Moroccan Clubs Head-to-Head since 1987.
Total matches played - 34
Ghanaian Clubs wins - 13
Goals scored - 40
Moroccan Clubs wins - 15
Goals scored - 41
Drawn games - 6
* Head-to-Head on Ghanaian Soil.
Total matches played - 17
Ghanaian Clubs wins - 13
Goals scored - 32
Moroccan Clubs wins - 1
Goals scored - 7
Drawn games - 3
AshantiGold Head-to-Head at Home against Moroccan opponents
Total matches played - 3
AshantiGold wins - 2
Goals scored - 3
Goals conceded - 0
Drawn game - 1
1996 Caf Champions League (2nd round)
22nd May, 1996
Goldfields 0-0 COD Meknes
* 1997 Caf Champions League (Grand-Final)
30th November, 1997
Goldfields 1-0 Raja Casablanca
* 2007 Caf Champions League (2nd round)
4th March, 2007
AshantiGold 2-0 FAR Rabat
Shaibu Yakubu (pen)
Alex Asamoah 90+2
Note: The only team from Morocco to get a victory in Ghana is FAR Rabat.
21st August, 2005
King Faisal 1-2 FAR Rabat
DO YOU KNOW THAT, CLUB IN GHANA WITH THE HEAVIEST WIN IN AN AFRICA INTER-CLUB COMPETITION IS ASHANTIGOLD SC (GOLDFIELDS).
* THIS HAPPENED IN 1995.
* That record belongs to Obuasi Goldfields, now AshantiGold SC- who mortified N.P.A Anchors of Liberia 8-1 in the Preliminary Round of the Caf Champions Cup - as it were then known - on the 26th March, 1995. Four great goals by lethal striker Kofi Debrah, a hat-trick by Eben Hagan and one strike by Kwabena Boateng made goal scoring easy.
* The 1995 Ghana League goal-king, Debrah scored three goals in six minutes in the 22nd, 24th, and 28th minute and added another in the 76th minute.
* The Liberians substituted their goal-keeper Latec Johnson in the first half after he had conceded six goals from the 7th minute to the 42nd minute. Anchors pulled a goal back through substitute Emmanuel Horton, but Debrah and Hagan completed the rout in the last 14 minutes of play. The Miners’ historic score-line slipped into oblivion when ASEC Mimosas dimmed the hysteria of the Anchors' pummeling by knocking Goldfields out in the second round of the competition.
NOTE: AshantiGold have scored more than two goals against North African side just once in their Fourteen meetings. It was against Zamelek of Egypt in 1997 Champions league Group stage. It ended 3-1 for Goldfields now AshantiGold.
Kossi Noutsoudje scored all the three goals.
Let's look at North African Clubs winning on Ghanaian Soil since 1969 in CAF Inter-Club competitions
NB: North African Clubs have won six (6) occasions on a Ghanaian soil since 1969 in the CAF Inter-Club Competitions.
* The first Club from North Africa to beat a Ghanaian Club at home came in 1982 in a Cup winners Cup.
* 1982 Cup Winners Cup (Semi-finals)
Hearts of Oak 1-2 Arab Contractors (Egypt)
* 1998 Cup Winners Cup
26th April, 1998
Ghapoha 0-1 USM Alger (Algeria)
* 2000 CAF Cup (Quarter-Final)
20th August, 2000
Ebusua Dwarfs 0-2 Ismailia (Egypt)
Scorers: Reda Nady 31, Ibrahim Hamam 57
NB: Referee Coffie Codjia Bonaventure from Benin shown Dwarfs defender, Patrick Villars Red card
* 2005 CAF Confederations Cup
21st August, 2005 (Group Stage)
King Faisal 1-2 Far Rabat of Morocco
Scorer for Faisal: Abubakar Yahuzar
Scorers for FAR Rabat: Mohammed Elfaddio and Iddrissi Kaddio
* 2015 Caf Champions League
5th April, 2015 [Easter Sunday]
Asante Kotoko 1-2 MC EL Eulma
Kotoko scored first through Obed Owusu
* 2017 Caf Champions League
12th February, 2017
Wa All Stars 1-3 Al-Ahli Tripoli
- Isaac Amponsah (Dr Ike) and Bright Yeboah Taylor (BYT)
- confideration cup