• The 2-time Champions, France will lock horns with the 1998 Quarter-finals, Denmark, in Group D Round 2 fixture in the 2022 FIFA World Cup at the Ras Abu Aboud Stadium, Doha on Saturday, 26th November, 2022 evening in Qatar.
Predictions: Home win/draw
• The 2022 FIFA World Cup is the 22nd edition since the competition started in 1930 is the 16th appearance for France while it is the 6th appearance for Denmark.
• The Group D showdown on Saturday, 26th November, 2022 will be France and Denmark will be the fourth meeting between the two sides at the FIFA World Cup competition. All the previous three (3) occurred in the Group Stages of the competition.
• 1998 FIFA World Cup (Group C) [MD 3]
Wednesday, 24th June, 1998
France 2-1 Denmark
Youri Djorkaeff 12' & Emmanuel Petit 56'
• 2002 FIFA World Cup (Group A) [MD 3]
Tuesday, 11th June, 2002
France 2-0 Denmark
Dennis Rommedahl 22' & Jon Dahl Tomasson 67'
• 2018 FIFA World Cup (Group C) [MD 3]
Tuesday, 26th June, 2018
Denmark 0-0 France
France wins - 2
Goals scored - 4
Denmark wins - 0
Goals scored - 1
Drawn games - 0
• The Blues of France have gone on to win the tournament on two (2) of their previous occasions they've faced Denmark (1998 edition and 2018 edition), with the other coming as reigning Champions in 2002 edition.
• Denmark have won their last two (2) meetings with France in all competitions, both in the 2022 UEFA Nations League, they looking to win a third successive match against the Blues. They've never won three (3) in a row against them before, while no side has ever beaten France three (3) times in the same calendar year.
• 2022 UEFA Nations League (Group A) [MD6]
Sunday, 25th Sept. 2022
Venue: Parken, Kobenhavn
Denmark 2-0 France
Kasper Dolberg 34' & Andreas Skov Olsen 39'
• 2022 UEFA Nations League (Group A) [MD1]
Friday, 3rd June, 2022
Venue: Stade de France
France 1-2 Denmark
Karim Benzema 51'//Andreas Cornelius (brace) 68' & 88'
• MATCH FACTS:
• The Blues of France are ranked 4th in the FIFA latest World rankings, their first International game was 1st May, 1904 (Belgium 3-3 France) [Uccle, Belgium].
• The Red and Whites of Denmark are currently ranked 10th in the FIFA latest World rankings, their first International game was 19th October, 1908 (Denmark 9-0 France B) [London, England].
• France most caps player is Lilian Thuram with 142 games with 7 goals for the National team. Hugo Lloris is the player among the active players with most caps in 140 games.
• Denmark most caps player is Peter Schmeichel (GK) with 129 games with 1 goal in the National tHe jersey.
• France top scorer for the National team is Thierry Henry (123 caps) joint with Olivier Giroud (115 caps) with 51 goals each. Olivier Giroud is the top scorer among active players of France with 51 goals.
• Denmark all-time top scorer for the National team is joint by Poul "Tist" Nielsen (38 caps) and Jon Dahl Tomasson (112 caps) with 52 goals each. Christian Eriksen is the top scorer among the active players of Denmark with 39 goals in 118 caps.
• France are making their 16th appearances at the FIFA World Cup since their debut in the 1930 edition.
• The Blues of France have won the FIFA World Cup competition on 2 times (1998 edition) and (2018 edition).
• France and Denmark meeting in MD2 fixture will be the third time Denmark have faced the reigning World Champions at the FIFA World Cup, they lost 3-2 to Brazil in the 1998 Quarter-finals, before beating France 2-0 in the 2002 edition, Group Stages.
• The Blues of France have won each of their last five (5) FIFA World Cup games equalling their best-ever winning streak at the finals. They previously had a five-match winning sequence across the 1986 and 1998 tournaments, they have never won six (6) in a row at the finals, with the last Nation to do so being Spain in the 2010 edition.
• The Blues are unbeaten in their last eight (8) FIFA World Cup matches, matching their longest unbeaten streak at the finals which they achieved on two (2) previous occasions.
• After beating France 4-1 on MD1, the Blues became the first reigning Champions to win their opening FIFA World Cup game in the competition since Brazil in the 2006 edition.
• Only four (4) previous Defending Champions have won their opening two (2) games in the FIFA World Cup campaign, Italy in 1938, Uruguay in 1954, Brazil in 1998, and in 2006.
• France have SCORED four (4) goals in both of their last two (2) FIFA World Cup matches, the 2018 final against Croatia and MD1 this year against Australia. The last side to score 4+ goals in three (3) straight FIFA World Cup matches were Hungary in 1954 (run of four).
• France have lost only (2) of their last fourteen (14) FIFA World Cup matches against European opposition (W8 D4).
• France are aiming to start a FIFA World Cup final competition with two (2) successive wins for the third edition in a row and the fourth time overall. They won their first two (2) games in 1998, 2014 and 2018 editions.
• Against Australia, Olivier Giroud levelled Thierry Henry record to become the joint-top goalscorer for the Blues, with both on 51 goals. He became the oldest player (36-year-old (or older) to play for France in at the World Cup match and also the oldest player to score for them at the finals. Giroud could become only the second (36y 53d) to score in back-to-back FIFA World Cup appearances, after Tom Finney for England inz 1958 (36y 64d).z
• Kylian Mbappe has scored five (5) FIFA World Cup goals, one behind Thierry Henry who is second on the all-time list of goalscorers for France in the competition. Just Fontaine (13) is the leader.
• The 2022 FIFA World Cup edition is Denmark's sixth appearance at the tournament. It's only the second time they have qualified for back-to-back tournaments, after 1998/2002.
• This is Denmark's tenth FIFA World Cup match against European opposition.
• Denmark boasts of impressive record of having qualified from their Group stages in four (4) out their five (5) previous FIFA World Cup appearances with the exception of being the 2010 edition, but have never progressed further than the Quarter-finals (1998, lost 3-2 to Brazil).
• Denmark have lost only three (3) of their previous sixteen (16) FIFA World Cup Group stage matches (W8 D5).
• Denmark were exited Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup via a penalty shoot-out against Croatia.
• Denmark's last four (4) FIFA World Cup Cup matches have all finished level. A draw in this match would see Denmark equal the competition record of successive draws which Belgium recorded in 1998-2002.
• Excluding penalty shoot-outs Denmark have not lost in their last five (5) FIFA World Cup matches (W1 D4). This is their longest run without a loss in the competition.
• Denmark have won five (5) out of their last eight (8) International matches (L3).
• The Red and Whites of Denmark, have only failed to SCORE in four (4) of their previous twenty-one (21) FIFA World Cup matches.
• None of Denmark's thirty (30) goals at the FIFA World Cup finals have come from outside the box.
• No team has scored as many times in the FIFA World Cup tournament without ever finding the net from long range.
• Each of Denmark's last four (4) FIFA World Cup games has been drawn, only Belgium have ever had five (5) consecutive draws at the competition, doing so between 1998 and 2002 editions.
• Denmark have kept a clean sheet in three (3) of their last five (5) FIFA World Cup games, just one fewer than they'd managed in their first sixteen (16) games in the competition (four). However, they've also failed to score in two (2) of their last three (3) at the FIFA World Cup, as many times as in their first eighteen (18).
• No player scored more goals for Denmark in qualifying for the 2022 FIFA World Cup than Joakim Maehle (5, level with Andreas Skov Olsen), while no player was directly involved in more goals for the Nation during their last major tournament than Joakim Maehle (3-2 goals, 1 assist at EURO 2020).
• The 2022 FIFA World Cup is Kasper Hjulmand's second consecutive major tournament as Denmark Manager. He led the Danes to the Semi-finals at the UEFA Euro 2020, their best performance at a major tournament since winning EURO 1992.
• Christian Eriksen and Simon Kjær are both appearing at their third FIFA World Cup, this sees them equal the record of Martin Jorgensen who made three (3) FIFA World Cup participations for Denmark in 1998, 2002 and 2010.
• Christian Eriksen created more chances than any other player in Denmark's goalless drawn with Tunisia on MD1 (5). Indeed, only Michael Laudrup (6 against Nigeria in 1998) has ever created more in a single FIFA World Cup game for Denmark.
• Christian Eriksen holds the record as the youngest player make an appearance for Denmark at the FIFA World Cup, he featured against the Netherlands in 2010 at the age of 18 years and 120 days.